Installing RHEL5 via DRAC

Brian O'Mahony brian.omahony at curamsoftware.com
Wed Mar 10 09:06:07 CST 2010

I am installing a machine in a remote location, using a DRAC. I have the iso on a local fileserver and am mounting the DVD via a windows workstation, located at the remote location, that I am connecting to via RDP.

I have disabled all boot options other than VirtualCD in the BIOS. I have the network cables unplugged, except the DRAC.

The machine boots from the DRAC ti the RHEL install setup. It asks me for Language, then Keyboard, then it comes up with:

Installation Method
Local CDROM
Hard Drive
NFS Image
FTP
HTTP

But none of these seem to work (I know that with the NICs disconnected the NFS & FTP wouldn't work).

Even though the DRAC is booting from the DVD and can see it, does it need to also have network access to see the iso?

Regards