Booting with iDRAC6 VFlash - Linux Live CD or similar

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Mon Mar 8 08:38:09 CST 2010

We don't use flash disks in our iDRAC6 enterprise cards.

Instead, we mount a netboot or CD ISO image remotely and boot from the
virtual floppy or cdrom.

You can do this using the GUI I think in the web interface, but we do
this on the command line of an admin server in the same DC as the
machine being provisioned, using racvmcli.

For example:

   img=diskboot.img
   wget http://some.mirror/centos/5.4/os/x86_64/images/$img
   racvmcli -r $ip -u root -p $password -f $img

or

   iso=CentOS-5.4-x86_64-netinstall.iso
   wget http://some.mirror/centos/5.4/isos/x86_64/$iso
   racvmcli -r $ip -u root -p $password -c $iso

HTH,

R.