RAID controller features

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Wed Mar 3 14:27:16 CST 2010

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010, Patrick_Boyd at dell.com wrote:

> 2) I know they work on PERC 6, SAS 6, PERC H700, PERC H800, and PERC
> H200. I'm not positive about others. They don't work as a boot volume
> without a UEFI BIOS. (PowerEdge RX1X, PowerEdge TX1X, or PowerEdge MX1X
> have this as an option)

I have several arrays over 2TB in size (up to 6TB) on Perc 5/E's on PE19xx
and PE29xx, albeit as data volumes only. Seems to be working :)

-steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"