Adding a second Quad Core L5420 CPU to a 1950 III

PJF sec-alert at socalweb.com
Wed Mar 3 01:33:47 CST 2010

I'm top posting on my on post...

I added a second quad core, everything is working fine.

I noticed the second one is 	Model 23 Stepping 6
The first one			Model 23 Stepping 10

Do these need to match? Openmanage reports everything is okay...

I've been through the dell docs and intel docs, not sure if the stepping
matters.

As usual, thanks in advance for any input.

--
pjf