Centos Update 1950 wont boot 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5

J. Epperson Dell at epperson.homelinux.net
Tue Mar 2 20:55:54 CST 2010

On Tue, March 2, 2010 20:58, Steve Tempest wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I took your advice and tried recreating the initrd without any success.
> I ended out performing the upgrade on another server with identical
> hardware and copying the boot files over from it and that has sorted out
> my problem.
>
> Thanks for the help

Sorry the hunch didn't work out for you, glad you found a path out of the
darkness.  Apparently something else in the install/postinstall of that
kernel broke.  Good chance that removing and reinstalling the new kernel
rpm would also have fixed it.  But that's another hunch, and I'm 0-1 with
you already....