[OMSA] Controller not found with SATA disks

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Tue Mar 2 15:06:56 CST 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Davide Ferrari wrote:

> I have two R410 with OMSA 6.0.1 installed, on a Debian Lenny 2.6.26. One 410
> has SATA disks whgile the other uses SAS disks. On the SAS one, no problem
> with OMSA at all, but on the SATA machine it always gives me a
>
> # omreport storage pdisk controller=0
> Invalid controller value. Read, controller=0
> No controllers found.

I get this from time to time (a few months apart) when dataeng has quit;
in my case (Centos 5.4) a "service dataeng restart" followed by a wait of
a couple of minutes gets things going again.

Steve
Steve Thompson                 E-mail:      smt AT vgersoft DOT com
Voyager Software LLC           Web:         http://www DOT vgersoft DOT com
39 Smugglers Path              VSW Support: support AT vgersoft DOT com
Ithaca, NY 14850
   "186,300 miles per second: it's not just a good idea, it's the law"