Will a non-dell SSD work in a R610 blade

Aaron dell at microchp.org
Mon Mar 1 16:00:07 CST 2010

Has anyone confirmed whether or not a non-dell solid state drive will
work in a R610 blade using the standard LSI controller?  I know they
will not in the higher end H7xx/8xx controllers.

LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1068E PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS

We are contemplating testing a SSD configuration, but we need much
larger than the 50GB and 100GB drives offered in the configurator.  The
100GB is on long back order and if we get the right performance, then we
will likely be acquiring several hundred of them.