SCSI Tape drive on PowerEdge 2970 / LSI2032

Jon Marston jonm at januahortorum.com
Mon Mar 1 04:29:44 CST 2010

Yeah, the card was faulty.

Thanks for your help anyway guys.

 - jon

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Jon Marston
Sent: 01 March 2010 09:27
To: Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com
Subject: RE: SCSI Tape drive on PowerEdge 2970 / LSI2032

Thanks for both your responses.

It does sound to be some kind of faulty connection somewhere, but I've
tried the tape drive and cable on another server (SCSI 160 card) and it
works without issues (putting it back on the original server brings back
the issue so I don't think it needed reseating or anything). How likely
is it that something within the card could be knackering bits 0 and 2?

Anyhow, we have someone from Dell onsite today to mess about with the
SCSI card, in case the connection problem is caused by that.

Thanks,

Jon