various temperature for PowerEdge R710

L. A. Walsh, Tlinx Solutions dell at tlinx.org
Tue Jun 29 19:28:18 CDT 2010

Zhichao Li wrote:
> Hi:
>
> The server keeps giving me the following information, when ipmitool is
> used:
>
> [root at gr3 cron]# ipmitool sdr list full | grep Temp
> Temp             | -64 degrees C     | ok   ----       CPU1 (add 100.0)
> Temp             | 50 degrees C      | ok   ---          CPU2
> Temp             | 34 degrees C      | ok   --           PS1 (power
> supply)
> Temp             | disabled          | ns
> Ambient Temp     | 22 degrees C      | ok
> Planar Temp      | 33 degrees C      | ok
> Temp             | 29 degrees C      | ok                PS2
> Temp             | disabled          | ns
> Temp             | 56 degrees C      | cr                 (unknown !)

it shows 2 cpus for 1 quad core chip.  It would likely show 2 more --
maybe the
two that are disabled -- if I had a 2nd processor.

Planar I think is memory or motherboard....
..at least this is what I've found out through trial/error/deductive
reasoning.

I don't know if there is a 'System Temperature'....