PERC S300 - can it be made to work?

Rodrigo Trevisaneli rodrigo.trevisaneli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 21:59:30 CDT 2010

Well, I started that thread and DELL told me this board will not run in
Linux.
They will send to me a SAS 6/iR (I guess) as replacement.
I dont know about this alternative methods.

Here, I was in hurry to put that server in production, so the solution was:
remove the board, install 2 disks in the Serial ATA ports on the
main board, and setup a software RAID1 with CentOS 5.5 64.

As I could understand (may be wrong) this board does a Software
RAID in Windows, so I could not see any advantage in keep this
board in Linux, since Linux already has built in Sofware RAID.

-Rodrigo

Message: 1