ST31000340 NCQ firmware bug

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Thu Jun 24 00:32:26 CDT 2010

> Apparently the request has now been escalated to Dell engineering, so
> hopefully if we're lucky we'll get an updated firmware soon.

For anyone still interested in this, I received an update from Dell
engineering via our Prosupport rep:

   1) The Issue has been confirmed in our lab and in the Seagate labs
   2) The issue appears to be an interoperability issue between certain
      Linux kernels and various HDD manufacturers (at least Seagate and
      WD).
        a. As such it can be addressed by either updating the HDD F/W or
           updating the Linux Kernel.

   Dell is planning a release to address this issue but no accurate date
   has been supplied as yet.

Cheers,
Adam.