Ambient Temp Sensor location

Eoin_Mcguinn at Dell.com Eoin_Mcguinn at Dell.com
Wed Jun 23 07:38:02 CDT 2010

It's the chip marked TMP75 on the front control panel.

Eoin.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Logan
Sent: 16 June 2010 21:57
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Ambient Temp Sensor location

We're having problems with the A/C at a remote data center.

The technicians onsite report ambient temperatures in the cold aisle of
our colo space as 74F.

Our monitoring system reports IPMI temperature readings for the ambient
temperature sensor in the 2950 servers in one rack at 29 C /
84 F.

I can understand a slight difference, but 10 degrees is more than I
expect.  They are questioning the location of the sensor.

Does anyone have a schematic or drawing that indicates exactly where
inside the server that sensor is located?

--
Logan