Monitoring

Stewart St. Dennis sstdennis at zaxia.com
Fri Jun 18 13:42:24 CDT 2010

Ruslan:
Nagios is a very powerful monitoring platform that would duplicate part of ITA and supplement other components. Nagios can proactively monitor the Dell node using "public" functionality (ping, http, etc.) or "private" funtionality (using SNMP queries, Nagios's remote plugin executer (nrpe), ssh calls, etc.).  As well, Nagios can be configure to consume SNMP Traps to reactively monitor the nodes.  Nagios has rich notification and escalation functionality.

Depending on what you already have in place, Nagios may duplicate what you are already doing. If you don't have procative and reactive monitring and notification functionality (from a secure web platform), then investigating Nagios is a worthwhile investment of time.

Stewart