Ambient Temp Sensor location

Logan lashby at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 15:56:34 CDT 2010

We're having problems with the A/C at a remote data center.

The technicians onsite report ambient temperatures in the cold aisle
of our colo space as 74F.

Our monitoring system reports IPMI temperature readings for the
ambient temperature sensor in the 2950 servers in one rack at 29 C /
84 F.

I can understand a slight difference, but 10 degrees is more than I
expect.  They are questioning the location of the sensor.

Does anyone have a schematic or drawing that indicates exactly where
inside the server that sensor is located?

--
Logan