various temperature for PowerEdge R710

Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com
Tue Jun 15 08:14:26 CDT 2010

The SNMP reference Guide at the following location has some related information:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/index.htm

Thank you
Praveen
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of John G. Heim [jheim at math.wisc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:27 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: various temperature for PowerEdge R710

When I want specific temps, I use snmpget. Of course, then you have the
problem of figuring out which OID corresponds to which temp. And I do not
know that myself.  I found some of them via google.  For example, the OID
for chassis temp is 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1.700.20.1.6.1.1. So to display
the chassis temp, you should be able to say:

snmpget -v2c -c public localhost 1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10892.1.700.20.1.6.1.1

Maybe somebody on this list knows how to match an OID with a Dell hardware
sensor. I  do not. The only way I know is to figure it out from various
examples of snmpget you can find by googling.