dell 2850 initrd problem.

Jefferson Ogata poweredge at antibozo.net
Wed Jun 9 14:16:38 CDT 2010

On 2010-06-09 15:33, Paul M. Dyer wrote:
> Sorry for the delay.  Been busy with things.
>
> If you believe the other LVOL is a  filesystem, you can run e2fsck on it also.   Yes, the first LVOL may be a swap partition.   The "-b 32768" parameter is telling e2fsck to use superblock at location 32768, instead of the default location.   If you have a superblock that is corrupt, that command is using the first backup superblock.   So, you could try the default, if fails, then the first backup superblock, then the second, ...
> default superblock:
> "e2fsck -f /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00"

Even if there were a filesystem on that volume, which there almost
certainly isn't, I don't know why you think the first backup superblock
is at 32768. The locations of backup superblocks depend on the size of
the device. The way to find out is to run a non-destructive mkfs on the
device (i.e. with mkfs.ext3 -n).