hanging DRAC5 cards

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Wed Jun 9 04:50:09 CDT 2010

Hi Pawel,

> what are your experiences with those cards - did you had similar
> issues? do you - by any chance - have any suggestions?
> just in case: i have all firmwares/bioses upgraded to most recent.

We've had a DRAC5 for a couple of years running without any problems.
It sounds like yours have some kind of hardware issue - were they all
purchased at the same time?  Maybe you should try to get one replaced to
see if you still have the problem.

You could try logging in to the DRAC as proper root[1] and run dmesg or
something in a loop to see if any interesting messages appear just
before the cards break.

Cheers,
Adam.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-poweredge@dell.com/msg00171.html