various temperature for PowerEdge R710

Zhichao Li lzcmichael at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 10:14:03 CDT 2010

Hi:

The server keeps giving me the following information, when ipmitool is used:

[root at gr3 cron]# ipmitool sdr list full | grep Temp
Temp             | -64 degrees C     | ok
Temp             | 50 degrees C      | ok
Temp             | 34 degrees C      | ok
Temp             | disabled          | ns
Ambient Temp     | 22 degrees C      | ok
Planar Temp      | 33 degrees C      | ok
Temp             | 29 degrees C      | ok
Temp             | disabled          | ns
Temp             | 56 degrees C      | cr

Actually, I am confused by all kinds of Temp. I mean, which one is CPU Temp,
and
which one is Sys Temp? What do those various Temps stand for?

Thanks
Zhichao

--
Zhichao Li