hanging DRAC5 cards

Chitrak_Gupta at Dell.com Chitrak_Gupta at Dell.com
Mon Jun 7 07:59:35 CDT 2010

Pawel,

We will need some logs from the hung drac.  But before that we need to
confirm if the DRAC can be communicated from the host-OS. I need you to
confirm if you can send racadm commands from the host OS. Please confirm
the same.

Thanks
Chitrak

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Pawel Kudzia
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 5:45 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: hanging DRAC5 cards

> Pawel,
>
> DRAC5 has a limitation on the broadcast packets it can receive on the
> network per second.

at one site i can see ~10 broadcasts per second, on another - ~2.
most of them are arps [ they are used for interface bonding to detect if
failover is needed ].

there are lldp packets too [ i've tried disabling them but dracs were
still
hanging ]. there is no stp / ospf or other similar traffic in the lan
segment.
no packet storms neither.

thanks,
regards