anyone tried converting PE1900 to PE2900?

Bond Masuda bond.masuda at jlbond.com
Sun Jun 6 17:24:41 CDT 2010

i might be able to get my hands on a PE1900 w/ PERC5/I for a few hundred
US$, but it would be immensely more useful to me if it also had the hotplug
SATA/SAS drive cage/backplane and dual power supply. i'm just wondering what
it would take to convert the 1900 to basically what is a 2900. has anyone
done this before? would you happen to have a parts list handy?

searching parts catalog on Dell's website isn't always that helpful....

TIA,
-Bond