IPMI not working with Network Bonding

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:24:01 CDT 2010

To be honest, I have never used IPMI with bonded NICs but seeing as
the bond is done at the software level (in the OS) I don't understand
why IPMI would stop working?

Its running at a lower level? Yes the switch may have to be set to
bond two ports together but the switch should still recognise that
there is more than one MAC address behind a port bonded or not?
(Switch dependant obviously)

I would be curious to here why IPMI wouldn't work with bonded NICs.

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and 9 others...?