dell 2850 initrd problem.

Paul M. Dyer pmdyer at ctgcentral2.com
Fri Jun 4 10:15:11 CDT 2010

Hi Ron,

>From what I can understand: sda1 is /boot, sda2 is /.

http://kezhong.wordpress.com/2009/06/27/linux-ext2ext3-superblock-recovery/

This link has good info on recovering the superblock on ext2 and ext3.   Both ext2/ext3 have the same format, but ext3 uses journals.

Since you have other systems that were loaded in the same way, you can use dumpe2fs on another system and find out where the superblock resides.   Then use this information to do the recovery on the corrupt system.

Paul