libsmbios.x86_64 0:2.2.21-3.1.el5 set to be updated - failure

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Wed Jun 2 02:54:15 CDT 2010

On 02/06/10 08:33, Rainer Traut wrote:
> I'm a little bit stunned right now.
>
> All our servers have the repo config as stated here:
> http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Repository (1)
> (only the green supported ones)
>
> This configuration is broken for at least 5 days and you have just
> confirmed what I have written 5 days ago:
> "It seems the dell-community repo is missing the new i386 version of
> libsmbios" - for whatever reason.
>
> Now that your customers have confirmed that the community repo is broken
> when used with the omsa repo please change the contents of (1) and
> document it there.

Rainer,

The problem is that x86_64 repos often need to contain i386 packages as
well as x86_64 packages precisely because of situations like this.

Rather than waiting for Dell to fix this, I have simply added both
x86_64 and i386 community/software repos to my machines. This works just
fine (CentOS 5.5 on PE1950s and R410s).

R.