OSMA does not work on PowerEdge 1435SC

Lazy lazy404 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 14:05:02 CDT 2010

2010/7/29 J. Epperson <Dell at epperson.homelinux.net>:
> On Thu, July 29, 2010 10:25, Nick Solin wrote:
>> Yes, but no matter what I have done the OSMA does not work on my computer.
>> I've read most of the OSMA documents and they tell you how to install and
>> use the OSMA but they skip any sort of configuration for the OSMA. For
>> instance when I try to use omreport:
> [snip]
>>
>> The ones I need most are fans and temps. I've read through a few of the
>> letters in the archives pertaining to the 1435SC, but none have helped.
>>

> Other than the fact that it's OMSA, not OSMA, your original subject line
> was correct:  OMSA does not work on PowerEdge 1435SC.

omsa 6.2 may not support SC1435 but 5.5 works on PE SC1435 fine

#omreport chassis info
Chassis Information

Index                                    : 0
Chassis Name                             : Main System Chassis
Host Name                                :
BMC Version                              : 1.78
Chassis Model                            : PowerEdge SC1435
Chassis Lock                             : Present
Chassis Service Tag                      : XXXXXXX
Chassis Asset Tag                        :
Flash chassis identify LED state         : Off
Flash chassis identify LED timeout value : 300

--
Lazy