[Rocks-Discuss] rocks 4.3, single drive in Dell 1950 with PERC 6/i

Tom Rockwell rockwell at pa.msu.edu
Sat Jul 31 11:47:49 CDT 2010

Use the rocks remove host partition command to clear the frontend's
knowledge of the old partitions, and retry the compute node install.  If
that fails, I'd try poking around on the machine after the installer has
stopped.  Connect a monitor/keyboard and switch the shell (press
control-alt-f1), what devices do you see and is that a partition table?

Even with the shuffling of raid disks, it may be that partition table is
still being found on the single drive and this is causing the installer
to stop.

If you find a partition table, remove it to start fresh.

Good luck,
Tom Rockwell
Michigan State U.