PERC H800 Firmware update from Linux failing?

Tom Rockwell rockwell at pa.msu.edu
Sat Jul 31 11:38:09 CDT 2010

Hi,

I tried to apply the latest firmware update to a PERC H800 controller
using the Linux .BIN package.  It gave me the message that the update
doesn't match the system (forget the exact wording) and wouldn't apply.
  I have updated the controller on this system in the past (prior release).

I ended up applying the update using a PXE booted DOS image, and that
went fine.

Anyone having problems installing using the file:
http://ftp.us.dell.com/sas-raid/RAID_FRMW_LX_R269683.BIN

Thanks,
Tom Rockwell