Find which pdisks make up a vdisk with omreport

Mohan_G_Murali at Dell.com Mohan_G_Murali at Dell.com
Thu Jul 29 08:15:06 CDT 2010

OM6.1 should be fine for hot spare assignment.

There is a small error in the command that you tried.
If you are planning to assign pdisk1:0:1 as a dedicated hotspare to
vdisk0 try the below command.

omconfig storage vdisk action=assigndedicatedhotspare controller=1
vdisk=0 pdisk=1:0:1 assign=yes

Thanks,
Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: dellpoweredge at semantico.com [mailto:dellpoweredge at semantico.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:33 PM
To: Murali, Mohan G
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Find which pdisks make up a vdisk with omreport

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/OMSS/hots

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/CLI/HTML/
> storage.htm#wp1091778
>
> Thanks,
> Mohan

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for the links, I'm afraid we're running 6.1 here, I never managed

to get 6.2 to work. I got as far as supporting all the ipmi checks but
couldn't get it to find the perc storage controllers. I followed all the

guides on here about installing extra dependencies too.

I might try allocating it as a global hot spare then, although some of
the arrays have drives larger than it's capacity.

sudo omconfig storage pdisk action=assigndedicatedhotspare controller=1
vdisk=0 pdisk=1:0:1 assign=yes
Password:
Error! Unrecognized parameter value:
action=<blink|unblink|remove|initialize|rebuild|cancelrebuild|cancelrepl
acemember|offline|removedeadsegments|online|assignglobalhotspare|clear|c
ancelclear>

g.