Find which pdisks make up a vdisk with omreport

dellpoweredge at semantico.com dellpoweredge at semantico.com
Thu Jul 29 08:03:04 CDT 2010

Mohan_G_Murali at Dell.com wrote:
> 1)The following link(Dell OM users guide) will help you to understand
> the considerations for hot spare.
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/OMSS/hots
> pr.htm#wp206346
> 2)The following link explains the OM CLI syntax to assign a dedicated
> host spare to a vdisk(check "omconfig Assign Dedicated Hot Spare"
> section)
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/CLI/HTML/
> storage.htm#wp1091778
>
> Thanks,
> Mohan

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for the links, I'm afraid we're running 6.1 here, I never managed
to get 6.2 to work. I got as far as supporting all the ipmi checks but
couldn't get it to find the perc storage controllers. I followed all the
guides on here about installing extra dependencies too.

I might try allocating it as a global hot spare then, although some of
the arrays have drives larger than it's capacity.

sudo omconfig storage pdisk action=assigndedicatedhotspare controller=1
vdisk=0 pdisk=1:0:1 assign=yes
Password:
Error! Unrecognized parameter value:
action=<blink|unblink|remove|initialize|rebuild|cancelrebuild|cancelreplacemember|offline|removedeadsegments|online|assignglobalhotspare|clear|cancelclear>

g.