Find which pdisks make up a vdisk with omreport

Mohan_G_Murali at Dell.com Mohan_G_Murali at Dell.com
Thu Jul 29 07:17:58 CDT 2010

1)The following link(Dell OM users guide) will help you to understand
the considerations for hot spare.
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/OMSS/hots
pr.htm#wp206346
2)The following link explains the OM CLI syntax to assign a dedicated
host spare to a vdisk(check "omconfig Assign Dedicated Hot Spare"
section)
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/CLI/HTML/
storage.htm#wp1091778

Thanks,
Mohan

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of
dellpoweredge at semantico.com
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:06 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: Find which pdisks make up a vdisk with omreport

John Hodrien wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, dellpoweredge at semantico.com wrote:
>
>> and there seem to be 7 of them, but no obvious way of finding out
which
>> pdisks make up the vdisks..
>
> Can't you just do this for each vdisk:
>
> omreport storage pdisk controller=1 vdisk=0
>
> jh

Thanks John, glad to see the Leeds Uni IS team are still going strong.

So I've cleared the foreign config and I'm considering running:-

omconfig storage pdisk action=assignglobalhotspare assign=yes
controller=1 pdisk=1:0:1

again a bit concerned with this as there are multiple vdisks on the
controller, with different disk sizes, and with their own hot spares.

I'm assuming that the controller wouldn't allocate this hot spare to an
array that has disks with different sizes, or is there a command to
allocate it to the specific vdisk0.

Possibly ?

omconfig storage pdisk action=assignglobalhotspare assign=yes
controller=1 vdisk=0 pdisk=1:0:1

g.