Find which pdisks make up a vdisk with omreport

dellpoweredge at semantico.com dellpoweredge at semantico.com
Thu Jul 29 06:35:31 CDT 2010

John Hodrien wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, dellpoweredge at semantico.com wrote:
>
>> and there seem to be 7 of them, but no obvious way of finding out which
>> pdisks make up the vdisks..
>
> Can't you just do this for each vdisk:
>
> omreport storage pdisk controller=1 vdisk=0
>
> jh

Thanks John, glad to see the Leeds Uni IS team are still going strong.

So I've cleared the foreign config and I'm considering running:-

omconfig storage pdisk action=assignglobalhotspare assign=yes
controller=1 pdisk=1:0:1

again a bit concerned with this as there are multiple vdisks on the
controller, with different disk sizes, and with their own hot spares.

I'm assuming that the controller wouldn't allocate this hot spare to an
array that has disks with different sizes, or is there a command to
allocate it to the specific vdisk0.

Possibly ?

omconfig storage pdisk action=assignglobalhotspare assign=yes
controller=1 vdisk=0 pdisk=1:0:1

g.