Find which pdisks make up a vdisk with omreport

dellpoweredge at semantico.com dellpoweredge at semantico.com
Thu Jul 29 05:22:36 CDT 2010

Hi List,

We have this omsa error after rebooting after a disk became unmountable:-

Physical Disk 1:0:1 [Dell ST3750640NS, 750GB] on ctrl 1 needs attention:
Foreign

omreport storage pdisk controller=1 pdisk=1:0:1
Hard Disk 1:1 on Controller PERC 5/E Adapter (Slot 2)

Controller PERC 5/E Adapter (Slot 2)
ID                        : 1:0:1
Status                    : Non-Critical
Name                      : Physical Disk 1:0:1
State                     : Foreign
Failure Predicted         : No
Progress                  : Not Applicable
Bus Protocol              : SATA
Media                     : HDD
Capacity                  : 698.13 GB (749606010880 bytes)
Used RAID Disk Space      : 0.00 GB (0 bytes)
Available RAID Disk Space : 698.13 GB (749606010880 bytes)
Hot Spare                 : No
Vendor ID                 : DELL
Product ID                : ST3750640NS
Revision                  : 3BKH3BKH
Serial No.                : 5QD14NLV    5QD14NLV
Negotiated Speed          : Not Available
Capable Speed             : Not Available
Manufacture Day           : Not Available
Manufacture Week          : Not Available
Manufacture Year          : Not Available
SAS Address               : 500188B23C8C2587

I've read that I could use this command to clear the foreign config to
add the drive back into the array:-

omconfig storage controller action=clearforeignconfig controller=1

http://www.ryanbowlby.com/infotech/dell-openmanage-server-administrator-omsa/

However I'd like to know what array this drive is supposed to be in.

I've listed the vdisks:-

sudo omreport storage vdisk controller=1

and there seem to be 7 of them, but no obvious way of finding out which
pdisks make up the vdisks..

g.