DIMM to Server cross reference

Cris Rhea crhea at mayo.edu
Wed Jul 28 10:07:41 CDT 2010

> Howdy,
>
> Does anyone know of a cross-reference online that I can enter a DIMM
> specification, and find a list of servers / motherboards that use that
> spec of DIMM?
>
> For example, I have a pile of 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 ECC Registered DIMMS
> here removed from a Sun X4200 and salvaged from a dumpster (!). I am
> pretty sure these are compatible with the PE 1950 and slower
> DDR2-socketed PowerEdges.

thisoldstore.com (old name, now xByte technologies = xbyte.com)
can figure this out with "filters" on their web site.

For example, if you select a filter of "memory", "5300", and
"ECC Registered", you get these servers:

PE1425
PE1850
PE1855
PE2800
PE2850
PE6800
PE6850
PE6950
PE M605
PE R300
PE T300

--- Cris

(No tie to these folks other than purchasing older Dell parts from them.)

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea
 Mayo Clinic - Research Computing Facility