Perc 5: removing a disk

Benjamin_Gordy at Dell.com Benjamin_Gordy at Dell.com
Tue Jul 27 18:29:51 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Steve Thompson
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 5:03 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Perc 5: removing a disk

Perc 5/i and Perc 5/e in a PE2900 under Centos 5.4 x86_64: how does one
remove a physical disk that is not a member of a volume? omconfig's
action=remove or action=offline says "Operation disabled. Read,
action=offline" as many have seen before. Just yank it out and ignore the
E1812?

Steve

Steve,

Just remove it.. If it's not a  member of an array, there's no consequences.
To list your disk information:

#omreport storage pdisk
#omreport storage vdisk

Good cli command source
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/CLI/HTML/storage.htm#wp1130922
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/svradmin/6.2/en/CLI/HTML/storage.htm#wp1077100

To clear the SEL log:
omconfig system esmlog action=clear
omconfig system alertlog action=clear

Regards,

Ben Gordy
RHCE, MCP, MCTS, A+, VCP-3, VCP-4, CLA, CCA, LPIC-1, LPIC-2
Enterprise Technical Support Senior Analyst
Dell | Enterprise Solutions - Platinum
Office (toll free) 1-800-945-3355 x513 4848
Benjamin_gordy at dell.com

My work schedule is 10:00 am - 7:00 pm Monday - Friday.  If you need immediate assistance, please email the Platinum
Backup Team at US_EEC_PLT_BackupTeam at dell.com

Customer feedback | How am I doing? Please contact my manager steven_west at dell.com
Already online?  Feel free to take advantage of our online methods for your future Enterprise support needs!
* For technical assistance Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. CST; Saturday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. please Chat with us.
* For less time-sensitive assistance, please E-mail us.
Video Library
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/en/enterprise_videos_list?c=us&l=en&s=gen