R300 & auto negotiation

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Tue Jul 27 13:03:34 CDT 2010

Was getting horrible transfer rates and then confirmed it
was 10-half via ethtool, the switch did match at 10 but
thought it was full.

Yeah, we use all Foundry FES9604 96-port 10/100 switches
at the edge and have 400+ various PowerEdge servers
plugged into them and the only server on any of the switches
that has ever had a negotiation issue has been this one
R300, and it did replace a first gen PE1950 on the same
port which negotiated fine.  We only have one other R300
out of all the servers, but it's CentOS 4 and x86 and
negotiates fine, as opposed to the one with the problem
being CentOS 5 x86_64, and probably about nine months
difference in manufacture date, so not sure if any of those
factors made the difference.

Thanks,

Dave