OSMA does not work on PowerEdge 1435SC

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:15:21 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM, J. Epperson
<Dell at epperson.homelinux.net> wrote:
> Correct.  This has been discussed more than once on the list, check the
> archives.  It's unfortunate that there's Dell doc that says the 1435SC is
> supported for systems management, implying that OMSA should work.

I bought a whole cluster of SC1435's 2 years ago under this same false
impression.
The SC1435 seems to be a black hole in the heirarchy. I often tried
out a feature that didn't work only to be eventually told by support
that the SC1435 didn;t do it. e.g. large MTU's required for jumbo
frames on the eth cards. Never did get that to work on the SC1435
either.

--
Rahul