How to setup raid on 20x servers automatically? (up2date --solvedeps=$(bootstrap_firmware -u crashing sometimes)

Chris Skretowski chris.skretowski at molevalleyfarmers.com
Fri Jul 23 05:15:33 CDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to work out why this command sometimes works and sometimes
doesn't when invoked from kickstart:

up2date --solvedeps=$(bootstrap_firmware -u)

Same server for testing purposes (out of batch of 20), fresh install
every time, using local REPO...

Last message on the screen is:

No handlers could be found for logger "trace.firmwaretools"

but that's not stopping it from running. Sometimes it just carries on,
sometimes it doesn't. Can't see any error in logs, other bits are OK.
OMSA installs every time.

SElinux is disabled.

Only way to go past that problem is to kill from another console
"bootstrap_firmware" but that is (well, supposed to be) unattended
install!!!

Yeah, I could do that quicker just by installing them one by one but I
don't want. It should work. We would need that in the near future.
(according to update process, firmware is already outdated on NICs so I
need to run that command)

Just to clarify: RHEL 4.8, local repo for DELL (latest only), same
server used for testing- but others have same problem. No problems with
network as far as I can see (and other bits are OK).

Any input more than appreciated!

--
Kind Regards
Chris Skretowski MCSE: S+M, MCTS

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. This information is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, we would be grateful if you would inform us as soon as possible by telephoning +44 (0) 1769 573431, or by email to admin at molevalleyfarmers.com and then delete this email. Views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the writer, and are not necessarily the views of Mole Valley Farmers Limited or its subsidiary companies. Unless specifically stated, this email does not constitute any part of an offer or contract.