R300 & auto negotiation

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Thu Jul 22 18:23:27 CDT 2010

On 23/07/10 00:02, David Hubbard wrote:
> Has anyone had issues with R300's and the stock CentOS 5.5 x86_64 tg3
> driver not auto negotiating properly?  We use Foundry (aka Brocade)
> switches and I have an R300 that insists on negotiating to 10-half, I
> had to use ethtool to force it to 100-full.  Have not tried at gig.
> Would prefer to not have to hard code since we dislike having to hard
> code switch ports for other reasons.

How are you determining that it is only running at 10-half?

I had an issue some time ago (different NIC, different driver) where I
thought that the NICs were not running at Gb speed, but it turned out
that mii-diag didn't report the correct information., but ethtool did.

I guessing from what you've said that this is *not* the problem in your
case, but thought I'd mention it.

R.
--
"Feed that ego and you starve the soul" - Colonel J.D. Wilkes
http://www.theshackshakers.com/