Intel VT-d (IOMMU) support on poweredge servers

Ashokan_Vellimalai at Dell.com Ashokan_Vellimalai at Dell.com
Thu Jul 22 12:13:56 CDT 2010

Tim,

I don't have complete support list. But I verified Intel VT-d(PCI-pass
thru) support in R410 and R510 machines.

-Ashok

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-poweredge-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Tim Small
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:10 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Intel VT-d (IOMMU) support on poweredge servers

Hi,

I'm trying to find out which poweredges support Intel VT-d ("Directed
I/O") - so that I can pass through a PCIe SCSI controller directly to a
virtualised W2K3 instance using KVM?  It looks to me like the PE1950
doesn't, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer...

Anyone have that info?

Cheers,

Tim.