collecting RAID info

Geoff Galitz geoff at galitz.org
Wed Jul 21 00:33:40 CDT 2010

Hello there.

We have systems with various PERC RAID cards and I would like to be able to gather basic data about the RAID configs on our servers programmatically.

In other words, I want to write a script that can report the disk drive models, size and the RAID level configuration.  This is for inventory purposes so I don't need to worry about the runtime state of the array.  I'm ok with perl and shell, so I really just need guidance on what interfaces to use to collect the data.

Thanks.