c6100 - How does this thing work?

Katzke, Karl kkatzke at tamu.edu
Tue Jul 20 15:40:51 CDT 2010

I have a few questions about the c6100. We're looking at buying one for some VMWare applications.

Anyone have a manual that will tell me how the thing is configured as far as RAID and other partitioning goes? Is there a backplane where the system trays can talk to one another, or is everything via external channel (Ethernet, etc.)? Also, any idea of what Dell's asking for one of these babies? We've got a higher-up that's jazzed about having an entire server room in a 2u box... but there's no detailed product info on the Dell website and I strangely can't seem to get answers out of any sales reps at Dell, which leads me to wonder how much the thing's really actually ready for sale.

-K

---
Karl Katzke
Systems Analyst II