Kernel 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5 crashing a lot?

Brandon Ooi brandono at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 19:39:14 CDT 2010

It's possible (unlikely but possible), that the memory in both is from
the same batch and is indeed bad. Perhaps before the reboot the bad
blocks  were in a wired but unused or not critically used section so
it won't cause a crash. I would boot into the old kernel on one of
them and see if the problem persists? if so, swap the memory and see
if it persists.