"Vendor provided" support

Wiley Sanders wsanders at wsanders.net
Mon Jul 19 18:01:46 CDT 2010

I am trying to resolve an issue with RHEL on a newly purchased R510 (a
botched RHEL4 to RHEL5 upgrade), I opened a ticket with RHN, and RHN is
saying support is "vendor provided" and to contact Dell and not RHN for
support issues.

"Huh?" (A polite way of saying WT*?)

Is that what I'm supposed to do now? It's been a while (RHEL 3 days) since
I've bought a system with RHEL support. I've been wandering through the
labyrinth of dell.com for the last 15 min looking for *anything* that
references RHEL support and so far nothing. RHEL support costs big bucks and
I don't appreciate a runaround - from RHN and not Dell in this case it looks
like. That's what I get for not sticking with CentOS - hey I just wanted to
make sure I got good System Management Tools support (which I did -
installing omreport just *worked*!)

<grumble>
-Wiley Sanders
 St marys College of CA