BMC5706c recommended firmware

Liberty Young liberty at rapleaf.com
Fri Jul 16 12:14:57 CDT 2010

Hello,

I have a PowerEdge 2950 running CentOS 5.4. I was wondering if there
was a recommended firmware version for the BCM5706c network card? the
network device stopped working mysteriously, and the netdev watchdog
timer was able to recover it. I then upgraded the machine to the
CentOS 5.4, upgraded the OMSA packages, and verified through the OMSA
page that the machine has no warning messages. Just as a followup, i
thought I'd ping you guys to see if you thought the firmware is out of
date.
'ethtool -i eth0' shows that the firmware version is 1.8.0.