How to setup raid on 20x servers automatically?

Fri Jul 16 09:03:33 CDT 2010

If they are 11G servers (PowerEdge XX1X, i.e. something like a PowerEdge R610). You can also look into our embedded remote configuration capabilities.

These are documented here: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/smusc/smlc/lc_1_4/remoteservices/en/ug/html/profiles.htm#wp1067300

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Garg, Vibha
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 7:07 AM
To: chris.skretowski at molevalleyfarmers.com
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: RE: How to setup raid on 20x servers automatically?

DTK could be very handy in such case. DTK Linux ISO image can be
downloaded from support.dell.com.
DTK tool raidcfg provides a command line to replicate raid configuration
specified in an INI file.

raidcfg command to create INI file is raidcfg -i=\tmp\raid.ini.

DTK CLI guide should have more information, in case you are interested.

--
Vibha

Message: 9