Serial over LAN

Vibha_Garg at Dell.com Vibha_Garg at Dell.com
Fri Jul 16 06:23:43 CDT 2010

DTK tool racadm can reset DRAC configuration to factory default values.
Command line is - racadm racresetcfg.

To Enable serial over lan you can choose either of the commands given
below-
	syscfg solcfgparams --solenable=enable
	racadm config -g cfgipmisol -o cfgipmisolenable 1

Hope this answers your question.
----
Vibha

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Jefferson Ogata
<poweredge at antibozo.net> wrote:
> 2. In BMC setup (control-E during POST), enable serial over LAN, set
IP
> and password.
>
> ** First thing you should do in BMC setup is reset to default. The
BMCs
> often ship with a weird non-default setting that will cause lots of
> serial port feedback if you try to run a getty on the serial console.

Is it possible to do this step in an automated fashion? i.e. without
using the Manual Ctrl+E?

Would ipmitool, or syscfg or another equivalent tool have the way of
setting the BMC SOL? I already set the BMC's IP and pasword using
ipmitool.

I have ~300 machines so doing this step manually via Ctrl+E is tedious.

--
Rahul