Dell OMSA with PXE and up2date (local repo created)

Chris Skretowski chris.skretowski at molevalleyfarmers.com
Thu Jul 15 10:52:53 CDT 2010

Just for the record, I've fixed that earlier today.
My sed command was working fine but selinux was preventing changes :(

So if you want to install dell stuff from the kickstart but still stuck
on the RHEL4.x with up2date:

 - switch off selinux (selinux=0 for anaconda)
 - with sed (or any other way you can think of) hash out line "up2date
default" in /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources
 - if you want to, you could use rhnreg_ks (if yopu have enough
licenses) and skip step with hashing out default repo for up2date. Or
you could use your satellite...

Hope that helps!
Many thanks for all your help.

--