various FAN on PowerEdge R710

Steve Baroti steve.baroti at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 12:55:15 CDT 2010

Hi Li,

Page 10 of the DELL R710 Technical Guide book has a short description (and
photo) of the five hot-swappable fans: "five hot-swappable fans are mounted
in a fan gantry that is located in the chassis between the hard drive bay
and the processors. Each fan has a blind mate 2x2 connector that plugs
directly into the planar. There is an additional fan integrated in each
power supply to cool the power supply subsystem and also provide additional
cooling for the whole system. Single processor configurations will have four
fans populated."

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/server-poweredge-r710-tech-guidebook.pdf

Hope that this helps - besides opening the up the server cover and peeking a
little ;-)
Cheers,
-Steve.

System Board FAN 1 RPM3600 RPM[N/A][N/A]720 RPM[N/A]
System Board FAN 2 RPM3600 RPM[N/A][N/A]720 RPM[N/A]
System Board FAN 3 RPM3600 RPM[N/A][N/A]720 RPM[N/A]
System Board FAN 4 RPM3600 RPM[N/A][N/A]720 RPM[N/A]
System Board FAN 5 RPM3600 RPM[N/A][N/A]720 RPM[N/A]