OMSA 6.2 on PE1900 running RHEL5.5

Phusion2k phusion2k at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 10:54:52 CDT 2010

I've installed OMSA 6.2 on a PE1900 running RHEL5.5 and am having
problems get the storage controller information. I've read from the
mailing list archives that this is a common problem for 6.2. I did the
following to install it.

# wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/bootstrap.cgi | bash
# yum install srvadmin-all
# srvadmin-services.sh start
Starting mptctl:
Waiting for mptctl driver registration to complete:
                                                           [  OK  ]

Starting Systems Management Device Drivers:
Starting dell_rbu:                                         [  OK  ]
Starting ipmi driver:                                      [  OK  ]
Starting snmpd:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting Systems Management Data Engine:
Starting dsm_sa_datamgrd:                                  [  OK  ]
Starting dsm_sa_eventmgrd:                                 [  OK  ]
Starting dsm_sa_snmpd:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting DSM SA Shared Services:                           [  OK  ]

Starting DSM SA Connection Service:                        [  OK  ]

# omreport storage controller
No controllers found

Here is some info on some related services.
# chkconfig --list | grep -iE '(dsm|ipmi|instsvcdrv)'
dsm_om_connsvc  0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
dsm_om_shrsvc   0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
dsm_sa_ipmi     0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
instsvcdrv      0:on    1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:on
ipmi            0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
ipmievd         0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

Here is a list ipmi, srvadmin and Dell packages installed.
# rpm -qa | grep -iE '(ipmi|srvadmin|dell)'
openwsman-server-2.1.5Dell-2.1.el5
OpenIPMI-tools-2.0.16-7.el5
srvadmin-megalib-6.2.0-1.6.el3
srvadmin-jre-6.2.0-1.17.el5
srvadmin-base-6.2.0-1.5.el5
dell_ie_tape_prostor-1.0.8-1
srvadmin-racadm4-6.2.0-677
srvadmin-iws-6.2.0-1.18.el5
srvadmin-itunnelprovider-6.2.0-1.6.el5
srvadmin-omacore-6.2.0-1.18.el5
srvadmin-xmlsup-6.2.0-1.17.el5
srvadmin-rac4-components-6.2.0-677
srvadmin-racdrsc5-6.2.0-677
firmware-addon-dell-2.2.2-5.6.el5
openwsman-client-2.1.5Dell-2.1.el5
dell_ie_rac_4-1.0.8-1
srvadmin-smcommon-6.2.0-1.29.el5
srvadmin-omcommon-6.2.0-1.19.el5
srvadmin-storage-populator-6.2.0-1.25.el3
srvadmin-idrac-6.2.0-1.5.el5
libcmpiCppImpl0-2.0.0Dell-1.1.el5
dell_ft_ie_interface-1.0.8-1.6.el5
srvadmin-sysfsutils-6.2.0-2.1.el5
srvadmin-storelib-sysfs-6.2.0-1.1.el5
srvadmin-idracadm-6.2.0-677
srvadmin-smweb-6.2.0-1.29.el5
srvadmin-standardAgent-6.2.0-1.5.el5
srvadmin-all-6.2.0-1.5.el5
sblim-sfcb-1.3.2Dell-9.1.el5
dell_ie_zappa-1.0.8-1
srvadmin-hapi-6.2.0-1.17.el5
srvadmin-racsvc-6.2.0-677
srvadmin-isvc-6.2.0-1.16.el5
srvadmin-cm-6.2.0-677
srvadmin-rac4-6.2.0-1.5.el5
srvadmin-storelib-6.2.0-1.11.el3
srvadmin-omilcore-6.2.0-1.9.el5
srvadmin-deng-6.2.0-1.6.el5
srvadmin-storage-6.2.0-1.29.el5
srvadmin-idracdrsc-6.2.0-677
OpenIPMI-libs-2.0.16-7.el5
srvadmin-storelib-libpci-6.2.0-1.1.el5
srvadmin-rac5-components-6.2.0-677
srvadmin-rac5-6.2.0-1.5.el5
libwsman1-2.1.5Dell-2.1.el5
dell_ie_tape_ibm-1.0.8-1
OpenIPMI-2.0.16-7.el5
srvadmin-idrac-components-6.2.0-677
srvadmin-racdrsc4-6.2.0-677
dell-omsa-repository-2-5
srvadmin-fsa-6.2.0-1.6.el3
srvadmin-webserver-6.2.0-1.5.el5
dell_ie_tape_tandberg-1.0.8-1
srvadmin-racadm5-6.2.0-677
srvadmin-storageservices-6.2.0-10.1.2.el5

Let me know.

Phusion