iDRAC6 Express on PE R610?

james.adams at stfc.ac.uk james.adams at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Jul 9 03:43:33 CDT 2010

Hi there,

A colleague of mine saw this very same behaviour (on either an r410 or
r610), with a bit of hacking around we determined that the driver in the
linux kernel running on the iDRAC, not the system was at fault. I
believe he was also investigating whether the issue was related to the
amount of network traffic on the interface. I will have a chat with him
for you to see if he managed to solve it or come to any other
conclusions, but he's on leave at the moment.

James Adams
Systems Administrator
Peta-Scale Computing and Storage Group
Science & Technology Facilities Council