Best 10G Ethernet NIC for R815?

Carlson, Timothy S Timothy.Carlson at pnl.gov
Thu Jul 8 15:07:01 CDT 2010

I have placed Myricom 10G cards in the latest AMD platforms (magny cours) and have been doing netperf tests over 900Gb/s. To do that I had to enable jumbo frames and use the driver from Myricom rather than the one that comes with the Redhat 5.x kernel.

This has been on supermicro based machines and not the Dell R815 so YMMV, but I have been happy with the performance and the boxes should be more or less the same (quad socket 6100)

TCP STREAM TEST from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0) port 0 AF_INET to compute-0-1-ib (192.168.2.251) port 0 AF_INET
Recv   Send    Send
Socket Socket  Message  Elapsed
Size   Size    Size     Time     Throughput
bytes  bytes   bytes    secs.    10^6bits/sec

 87380  65536  65536    10.01    9353.17

# lspci | grep Myri
04:00.0 Ethernet controller: MYRICOM Inc. Myri-10G Dual-Protocol NIC

# dmesg | grep -i Myri | grep -i vers
myri10ge: Version 1.5.1